let's find your new home
Search for Real Estate in and around Greater Vancouver
INCREDIBLE END UNIT at PEPPERWOOD by POLYGON! Many Updates.You will LOVE this 2 bed, 2 bath 1372+ sqft home with a FENCED YARD off the kitchen perfect for pets & BBQs! Lots of natural light from EXTRA windows, modern & pet friendly WIDE PLANK flooring throughout the main and upper levels, and LARGE Bedrooms make this a spacious and comfortable home. EXTRA LONG double tandem garage fits 2 cars PLUS a workbench...
ONE LEVEL LIVING - a rare opportunity to find a HUGE BUNGALOW STYLE HOME, with nearly 2,700 sqft of living space all on the Main Floor, and a 3 car garage with no stairs just steps away (plus 2 additional adjacent surface level parking spots!). Open floor plan with vaulted ceilings throughout, creating a wonderful open feeling, complemented by walls of Windows and French Doors leading to little patios outside...Listed by DEXTER REALTY
SOUTH EXPOSURE - FENCED YARD - LARGE PATIO - BEST LOCATION in Portage Estates. The backyard backs onto the serene Portage Park across the street that offers nature trails and a newer children's play area. This Family or starter townhouse has 3 bedrooms, updated Main floor bathroom, plus a full bathroom upstairs, 1269 sq.ft. on 2 floors (strata plan shows 1506 total), newer Furnace and Hot water tank - great ...
Located in desirable Amblegreene! 12,632 sqft. lot sides onto city greenspace, private and sunny rear garden. Formal living and dining room open to sunroom. Kitchen open to nook, family room and stamped concrete patio, plus master bedroom again opening to patio. Upper level 2 bedrooms and open den. Great school catchment: Elgin Park Sec. Easy access to Crescent Beach, Semiahmoo shopping center, White Rock & m...Listed by LEHOMES REALTY
SHANNON STATION...TOP FLOOR SOUTH-WEST FACING. UNIQUE DESIGN WITH NO COMMON WALLS ! NO WASTED SPACE ! New Carpets and Fresh Paint gives you a Blank Canvas ! Mountain, Water, Airport and Island views. This Suite has 2 GENEROUS OUTDOOR AREAS + HUGE COMMON ROOFTOP VIEW DECK w/Outdoor Kitchen. Inside Features an open concept kitchen, living and dining area, CHEF'S KITCHENS with Stainless Miele Appliances, Warming...
Consulting a REALTOR®
REALTORS® are members of The Canadian Real Estate Association who subscribe to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. Members of the Vancouver Island Real Estate Board are members of both the British Columbia and Canadian Real Estate Associations.The following is a list of services you can expect to receive from a REALTOR® when you buy a home:
- A REALTOR® will fully explain the details of your working relationship (called "agency") so that you are clear as to when a REALTOR® is working for you or for the seller.
- A REALTOR® has access to hundreds of current listings of homes for sale because of a co- operative system called the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®).
- A REALTOR® can provide you with a customized list of homes that best meet your needs -- size, style, features, location, proximity to schools, shopping, etc. - and then make arrangements for you to view those homes that appeal to you the most.
- A REALTOR® will help you determine how big a home you can afford. REALTORs® are familiar with the local lending market and can offer helpful advice.
- A REALTOR® has no emotional ties to any type or style of home and can be objective in pointing out the merits of one home over another.
- A REALTOR® will have information on zoning changes, taxes, utility costs and school and recreation services that could affect your decision to buy a home in a specific area.
- A REALTOR® will assist you in negotiating the terms of your purchase, which can be a nerve- wracking process for someone who is not experienced in negotiating.
- A REALTOR® will advise you of the legal process required in obtaining title and taking possession of your property; the costs associated with buying a home such as insurance, mortgage registration and legal fees will be explained in detail.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Selling Your Home - Why it Pays to Use a REALTOR®
Before selling your home, you will need a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls. One wrong action could result in a lot of cost and frustration, which is why it is essential to have a REALTOR® working with you, as he or she will make the sale of your home a successful and satisfying experience.Greater exposure
REALTORS® use the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) to give your home maximum exposure. MLS® is a computer-based system that relays valuable information about your home to hundreds of REALTORS® and potential homebuyers.Setting a price
Setting a price for your home is an important but difficult process. Again, this is where the services of a REALTOR® prove invaluable. REALTORS® have the experience to help you understand how the market works and decide upon a realistic price that meets your goals. REALTORS® also pre-screen potential buyers to make sure only those who are serious and financially qualified view your home.
REALTORS® will also develop a marketing plan to help your property receive maximum exposure. This will likely include placing your home on the MLS® system and placing a "For Sale" sign on the front lawn. The plan will likely also include arranging open houses for other REALTORS® and potential buyers, and developing advertisements and feature sheets/mailers to market your home.
Once you have accepted an offer to buy your home, your REALTOR® will help ensure that all the proper paperwork is completed. He or she will also make sure that both parties meet the necessary conditions outlined in the agreement.Why working with a REALTOR® makes sense
When you work with a REALTOR® you will likely get a better price for your home than if you try to sell it yourself. Apart from the financial benefits, however, there is an extra measure of comfort and security that comes from having a REALTOR® on your side. Remember that REALTORS® are governed by a code of ethics and standards of business practice. They have also been trained and licensed under the provincial Real Estate Services Act to assist in transactions involving real property. When it comes to buying or selling property, using a REALTOR® just makes sense.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015